"GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH"

     



Guarantor Power #1: Society, I feel that society effects my opinions and actions even though I know that it shouldn't. I don't feel that I have found my place yet and am trying to find it in the mist of judgment society throws at me (far left photo).
Guarantor Power #2: Mom, I admire my moms opinions and want to please her. but as shown in the seen photo (middle) I keep a lot of thing inside and try to deal with them myself. My mom tries to make me open up and I often do but that isn't after he tries a little.
Society Subjects (left): Me sitting in the middle of an empty table- I haven't found my place yet
 Looking "off yonder"- Trying to find the place I fit in
Self Subjects (middle): Black and white- I don't feel that this is a good habit of mine 
Multiple of me- this habit of mine is something I struggle with so I wanted me to "play the roles"
Mom Subjects (right): Closed door- My mom tries to make me open up to her, hints the closed door and someone trying to open it
Keys- the diforent ways my mom tries to make me open up

ARTIST STATEMENT:
4. I have started to look past the photograph and look into the deeper meaning. In the photographs I create now I try to portray what I am really thinking and feeling.
11. I felt that trying to portray what i really felt into a photograph was very dificult and frustrating because what i was thinking in my head wasn't always possible to portray as a photo.
25. I would give my work an A because i think the photos i have created show effort and thinking.
31. Is portraying what i am thinking into a picture, I have a hard time thinking outside of the box but i think the photography can really help me with this, it will just take some time and work.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog